Our 13 Advisory Councils for the Surgical Specialties enhance the American College of Surgeons’ (ACS) relationship with the specialties, and enhance communication between the Board of Regents and the various specialty organizations.
Advisory Councils perform the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from surgical societies and the Regents.
- Advise the Regents on policy matters relating to their specialties.
- Discuss matters to be presented to the Regents or other College departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from the surgical specialties to serve on College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide specialty input into the development of general and specialty sessions for the Clinical Congress.