The Advisory Council for General Surgery is a committee of the Board of Regents and has been assigned the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from general surgical societies and the Board of Regents.
- Advise the Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formulation relating to general surgery.
- Discuss matters the Council wishes to present to the Board of Regents or other appropriate College departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from general surgery to serve on College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide general surgery input into the development of general and specialty sessions, including postgraduate courses, for the College’s Clinical Congress.
Advisory Council for General Surgery Roster