The Advisory Council for Cardiothoracic Surgery is a committee of the Board of Regents and has been assigned the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from cardiothoracic surgery societies and the Board of Regents.
- Advise the Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formations relating to cardiothoracic surgery.
- Discuss matters the Advisory Council wishes to present to the Board of Regents or other appropriate American College of Surgeons (ACS) departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from cardiothoracic surgery to serve on College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide cardiothoracic surgery input into the development of general and specialty sessions, including postgraduate courses, for the College’s Clinical Congress.
Advisory Council for Cardiothoracic Surgery Roster