A group of Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP) hospitals in either a specified geographic area or a hospital system working together with the shared goal of trauma system quality improvement.
- Benchmark risk-adjusted outcomes as a state, region, or hospital-based system against all nationally participating TQIP centers
- Discover areas for system-level trauma center quality improvement
- Bring stakeholders together to improve trauma care outcomes across the system
- Identify and share best practices among Collaborative participants
- Receive education tailored to your phase of Collaborative development
Key Elements for Collaborative Success
- Strong leadership
- Culture of trust
- System-wide goals and initiatives
- Clear roles and responsibilities
- Networking among hospitals
- Sharing of results
- Consistent data
Semi-annual reports aggregate data from all participating hospitals into a single Collaborative entity. This compares collective Collaborative performance to all other TQIP participants and provides an opportunity to identify system-wide issues/strengths, which may not be identifiable from the perspective of individual institutions. The Collaborative Benchmark Reports offer a bird’s eye view of system performance.
- Available on the Trauma Quality Programs (TQP) Data Center, The TQP Explorer augments the static reports and allows Collaborative participants to explore patient-level trends related to risk-adjusted outcomes, and can be used to inform performance improvement initiatives within the Collaborative.
- The Drill-Down Exercise helps Collaboratives manage a self-directed drill-down of system-level outcomes. Using the TQIP analytic tools as your primary resources, hospital-level discoveries in clinical care or data quality are aggregated for the purpose of discussion and the development of performance improvement initiatives at the system level.
- The TQIP Participant Use File is a dataset available for request, which allows participants the flexibility to conduct independent analyses on TQIP data
Training and Education
- Collaborative leadership receives two complimentary registrations to attend the TQIP Annual Scientific Meeting and Training.
- Collaboratives have access to the variety of educational opportunities available to individual TQIP hospitals, including the TQIP Online Course, regular webinars, and monthly quizzes.
- Collaborative leaders receive access to a unique web-based portal (ACS Communities) designed for communicating updates, sharing documents, and engaging with other participants. It houses supportive materials to help maximize TQIP Collaborative participation, including the TQIP Collaborative Toolkit, which offers helpful resources related to getting started, finding funding, and identifying the right leadership.
- TQIP provides networking opportunities at the TQIP Annual Meeting for individual Collaboratives to increase opportunities for communication and relationship building among Collaborative participants.
- To facilitate the sharing of best practices among Collaboratives, TQIP offers Collaborative-focused sessions at the TQIP Annual Meeting and webinars where Collaborative leaders present on the utilization of the TQIP Report for system-wide PI and address overcoming barriers related to center engagement, data sharing, and data homogeneity.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about TQIP Collaboratives.