National Associate Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) accreditation is granted only to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the best in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment and is able to comply with established NAPBC standards. Each center must undergo a rigorous evaluation and review of its performance and compliance with the NAPBC standards. To maintain accreditation, centers must undergo an on-site review every three (3) years.
To be considered for initial survey, breast center leadership
- Ensures that the clinical services, interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary conference(s), and quality management program are in place at the center.
- Carefully reads the NAPBC Standards Manual, which defines each standard, and meets the requirements outlined for all standards. Note: The following standards have been identified as Critical Standards. Centers must comply with Standard 1.1 – Level of Responsibility and Accountability; Standard 1.2 – Interdisciplinary Breast Cancer Conference; and Standard 2.1 – Interdisciplinary Patient Management. Failure to meet any of these three standards will result in a final rating of Accreditation Deferred until which time you provide the NAPBC Administrative Office with documentation of compliance. Centers that do not resolve this status within a 12-month period will be required to reapply for accreditation.
- Completes the Application to Participate located in the NAPBC Portal, and reviews and applies an electronic signature to the Participation Agreement and Business Associate Agreement, as required for compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Following receipt of the completed application and executed Agreements, the NAPBC will release the center for survey.
- An e-mail notification will be sent that will include the name of the assigned surveyor, a target date for survey, and a user name and password to access the online Survey Application Record (SAR). The SAR must be completed online in its entirety no later than two weeks before the scheduled survey.
- An invoice for the survey fee will be generated at the time the center is released for survey. Payment of the invoice is due within 30 days of receipt. Failure to pay survey fee prior to scheduled visit will result in cancellation.
- All surveys must be completed within 6 months from date of release for survey. The assigned surveyor will contact the center to schedule a mutually agreeable date for survey.
Details on the survey process are included in the NAPBC Standards Manual available for purchase or may be downloaded from this website.