The mission and objectives of the Cancer Surgery Standards Program (CSSP) are carried out through its committee structure comprised of the Content Development, Education, and Integration & Implementation Committees.
- Disseminate synoptic operative reporting electronic tools through a variety of channels (ACS website, phone application, API).
- Collaborate with other ACS Cancer Programs to integrate standards into accreditation programs.
- Disseminate synoptic operative reporting information to Cancer Programs and ACS Fellows through multidisciplinary tumor boards, Cancer Liaison Physicians, ACS e-learning site, State Chairs and other stakeholders.
- Develop processes for measurement and assessment of operative standards.
- Seek funding opportunities to develop research strategies to validate surgical standards and measure the impact of integration into ACS Cancer Programs.
- Define and implement information technology solutions to improve surgical care.
For more information on the CSSP committees or to inquire about participation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.