William Ward, MD
Naveen Sangji, MD
Alisha Reiss, MD
The Advocacy and Issues Committee is one of the four standing committees of the Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons (RAS-ACS). Our active members consist of residents and fellows in different stages of training and from all over the country. We meet annually at the Clinical Congress, and we have monthly conference calls.
- Address current issues in resident training, medical care, and health care policy
- Collaborate with the ACS Division of Advocacy and Health Policy and the Political Action Committee, SurgeonsPAC, to promote resident engagement in political issues locally and nationally
- Organize the RAS-ACS symposium during the annual Clinical Congress including selection of a current, controversial topic, invitation of speakers, and preparation of the introductory essay, published before every Congress in the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons
- Assist in authoring articles for the Bulletin
Projects in 2015
- Military Medicine
- Drug Shortages
- A Domestic Partnership with Operation Giving Back
Contact us at RASNews@facs.org for more information or to join this committee.