Fees and dues must be paid in U.S. dollars. International (Excluding Canada) fees and dues are adjusted according to the World Bank income categories.
Fellowship Application Fee
This fee is submitted upon completion of the application and is non-refundable. This fee is waived for members who are currently Associate Fellows who are applying to become Fellows.
U.S. and Canada Application Fee: $200
International Application Fee:
- High- and upper-middle-income countries: $100
- Low- and middle-income countries: $50
- Low-income countries: $25
This fee is due upon notification of approval for Fellowship and granting of Initiate status.
U.S. and Canada Initiate Fee: $400
International Initiate Fee: $0
Associate Fellows and Resident, Medical Student, and Affiliate Members Application Fees
This fee is submitted upon completion of the application and is non-refundable.
Associate Fellow (U.S. and Canada): $75
International Associate Fellow:
- High- and upper-middle-income countries: $75
- Low-middle-income countries: $50
- Low-income countries: $25
Resident Member: $20 (Application fee waived for Interns)
Medical Student Member: $20
Affiliate Member: $50
The membership year for Fellows corresponds to the calendar year (January1 to December 31).
U.S. Fellows and Fellows of U.S. Territories and Possessions: $604
Canadian Fellows: $431
International Fellows from countries other than the U.S. and Canada:
- High- and upper-middle-income countries: $206
- Low- and middle-income countries: $103
- Low-income countries: $51
Dues are waived for Fellows who satisfy any of the requirements, below:
- Fellows who have paid dues through the year of their 70th birthday (50 percent reduction granted after age 65).
- Fellows who have been granted “Retired” status. Retired status is defined as an individual who is not in the active practice of providing surgical or nonsurgical patient care, participating in funded research, or performing compensated teaching or administrative duties.
- Fellows who are bona fide missionaries.
Other Membership Categories (2017)
The membership year for these categories is July 1 to June 30.
Associate Fellows (U.S. and Canada): $200
Associate Fellows from countries other than the U.S. and Canada:
- High and Upper-Middle income countries: $100
- Lower-Middle income countries: $50
- Low income countries: $25
Resident Members: $20
Medical Student Members: No dues
- Physician and Non-Physician (PhD, EdD, surgical scientist): $300
- Allied health (surgical assistant, nurse, physician assistant): $200
- Office/business manager, surgical technologist, medical association personnel, residency program coordinator: $100
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. All members may log in to pay their dues.