Realize the Potential of Your Profession and join the more than 5,700 surgeons in becoming a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Applications closed for 2017. Applications for 2018 now being accepted.
If you are an existing ACS member or created a log in from a prior purchase, use your log in to access the application. Otherwise you will need to create a log in.
Here's What You'll Need to Apply
- Your current contact information
- Confirmation that you have completed a minimum of three-years of practice since completion of all formal training.
You must have started practicing surgery on or before December 1, 2014.
- Information about your medical education
- Documentation of completion of surgical training/residency, and any training beyond residency
- Details about your medical license
- Documentation confirming board certification in your country
- A current appointment on the surgical staff of a hospital
- The names of three Fellows of the College who can serve as references for you (from anywhere in the world). Use the ACS Find a Surgeon site for a list of Fellows.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV)
Once You Apply
- You'll become an Associate Fellow member of the College while your application is being processed. More details will be sent once you submit your application.
- The Fellowship application process can take up to one year.
- You will be required to participate in a local interview with your peers.
- You will be contacted throughout the application process to provide any missing information and update you on your application status.
For more details, review the Fellowship Requirements. Also available in Spanish.
For questions or to request your log in information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org call 1-800-293-9623.