In preparation for your trip to San Diego, we are sharing the following health procedures for meeting attendees. All registered attendees must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (completion of their primary series) or complete the alternate pathway in order to pick up an attendee badge. All attendees must claim their own badge at the Registration Desk onsite.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Mask Requirement Summary
- Vaccination Status: To ensure safety for all in-person participants in San Diego and unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, all attendees must provide proof of vaccination OR a daily negative COVID test to attend the meeting.
- Unvaccinated Attendees: In the event one is not vaccinated, results of a daily (taken within 24 hours prior to the start of each meeting day) negative test must be submitted each day of participation at the Registration Desk area. ACS will have a limited supply of rapid tests available for purchase at the Registration Desk for $15. Attendees can show a photo or the result of their own rapid test.
- Mask Policy: ACS strongly encourages that masks be worn by all participants at all times at all meeting events, unless actively dining, or speaking at a microphone. Masks will be available for those that have not brought their own. Guests are required to wear masks at all times.
- Masks will be REQUIRED at Convocation on Sunday, October 16, and at the Opening Ceremony on Monday, October 17. This is necessary because of the large number of attendees and the close proximity of seating.
- ACS will continually review global conditions and reserves the right to update and/or change this policy as needed at any time.
Fast Track Your Health Check-In Onsite for a Smooth Badge Pick-Up
US-based attendees who are vaccinated should use the CLEAR mobile app and Health Pass feature.
- It is recommended that you download the app, create a free CLEAR account, and link your account to our meeting by using the code ACS and then selecting Clinical Congress 2022 from the drop-down menu. Review detailed instructions on using the CLEAR app.
- When you arrive on-site, show your CLEAR pass at the Registration Desk / Health Check Station. Once you have provided your proof of vaccination and picked up your badge, you will not need to verify your vaccination status again at the meeting unless you lose your badge and need to have another one printed.
Vaccinated Attendees Who Are Non-US Based or Are Not Using the CLEAR App
- Present either a digital or hard copy of your vaccine record at the Registration Desk/Health Check Station, along with a government-issued photo ID that matches the name on your vaccine record. Digital copies of vaccination certificates and mobile applications that many countries have issued will also be accepted.
- Once you have provided your proof of vaccination and picked up your badge, you will not need to verify your vaccination status again at the meeting unless you lose your badge and need to have another one printed.
Non-Vaccinated Attendees Alternate Pathway
Please note that you will be required to provide documentation of a negative test result to the Registration Desk/Health Check Station before attending each day of the meeting. ACS will have a limited supply of rapid tests available for purchase at the Registration Desk desk, or attendees may bring their own test to take at the convention center and present to the Health & Safety team at the vaccine verification desk. Once non-vaccinated attendees have been verified each day, they will receive a new badge from the Registration Desk.
Not Feeling Well?
- ACS strongly encourages all attendees complete a self-check health screening prior to departing to the meeting and follow all guidelines set forth by the CDC for travel.
- If you begin to feel ill or manifest symptoms once you are onsite, please isolate and contact Registration Desk@facs.org to let us know that you cannot attend due to illness.