Approximately a half million people require a feeding tube for nutrition support annually. The American College of Surgeons (ACS) has recognized the immense need for this program and with a multidisciplinary group of health professionals has created the Feeding Tube Home Skills kit. This kit is the only teaching tool of its kind and supports the entire surgical team, including patients with quality, comprehensive education.
This program was created by the ACS in collaboration with the Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse Society, the American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, the American Pediatric Surgical Association, the American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association, Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses , Society of Pediatric Nursing, the ACS Commission on Cancer, and a feeding tube patient advocate.
This skill kit contains:
- Feeding Tube Home Skills Booklet
- DVD with demonstration of each skill (watch the videos below)
- Feeding tube supplies (low-profile feeding device, gauze, syringe, and stoma model)
- Feeding tube self-care checklist
- Evaluation (Complete the Feeding Tube Survey, we need your feedback!)