The American College of Surgeons Accredited Education Institutes (ACS-AEI) educate and train practicing surgeons, surgical residents, medical students, and members of the surgical team using simulation-based education
Since we launched the ACS-AEI program in 2005, we have set standards for how surgical education and training should be offered at Accredited Education Institutes. Our goal is to promote patient safety through the use of simulation, to develop new education and technologies, identify best practices, and promote research and collaboration among our institutes. We also evaluate the impact of education through long-term follow-up of learners and analyze how to best incorporate aspects of surgical research into surgical education.
Take advantage of the enormous benefits this program offers to surgeons, residents, medical students, members of the surgical team, and ultimately to the surgical patients, by applying for accreditation.
Member benefits include:
- Collaborate, network, and share best practices with centers that are at the forefront of simulation-based education and training
- Follow our roadmap to a strong surgical simulation program as described by the requirements of the ACGME
- Engage in a standardized, rigorous review process
- Enjoy exclusive access to educational resources
- Present your original research with the potential to be published in Surgery
- Gain a marketing advantage and strengthen your recruiting efforts
- Attract residents and strengthen your fellowship program through ACS-AEI Fellowship Accreditation