Resources for Optimal Care FAQ
Site Visit Application: Please contact the VRC office
- Must return completed site visit application 12 months in advance to preferred timeframe.
- New and previously approved surgeons/physicians who have been through the Alternate Pathway and are still on the trauma call panel will be reviewed at every reverification visit beginning with the implementation of the new 2014 guidelines. The same fee applies for the additional specialty reviewer.
- Currently accepting site visit applications to be scheduled November 1–December 11, 2015. For those trauma centers expiring prior to this date, exceptions may be made provided that capacity is not overwhelmed.
- Visits scheduled prior to July 1, 2015, will be reviewed by the Resources 2006 manual (Green Book).
- Effective July 1, 2015:
- Visits scheduled after this date will be reviewed by the Resources 2014 manual (Orange Book) and are required to contact the VRC office for further directions and information.
- There will be a rate increase for visits that occur after this date.
- International site visit requests must contact the Verification, Review, and Consultation (VRC) program office at 312-202-5134.
Focused Review Agenda
Description of Hospital Levels
Hospital Prereview Questionnaire
Summary Form for Research Articles Submitted for Site Visit
New Alternate Pathway Criteria
A new electronic HIPAA Business Associate Agreement will be coming soon. Please contact the VRC office for further information at 312-202-5134.