Resources for Optimal Care FAQ
Site Visit Application
- Must return completed site visit application 12 months in advance to preferred timeframe.
- New and previously approved surgeons/physicians who have been through the Alternate Pathway and are still on the trauma call panel will be reviewed at every reverification visit beginning with the implementation of the new 2014 guidelines. The same fee applies for the additional specialty reviewer.
- Currently accepting site visit applications to be scheduled December 1–11, 2015, and for all of 2016. For those trauma centers expiring prior to this date, exceptions may be made provided that capacity is not overwhelmed.
- Visits scheduled prior to July 1, 2015, will be reviewed by the Resources 2006 manual (Green Book). Visits scheduled on or after July 1, 2015, will be reviewed under the Resources 2014 manual (Orange Book).
- New! The current payment structure and fee noted on page 3 of the site visit application, where each center sends in their full payment with their application for the three-year verification term, will be applicable to all new centers and those that are currently verified with an anniversary/expiration date on or prior to June 30, 2016.
- For centers that have an anniversary/expiration date between July 1, 2016, and June 30, 2017, the payment structure and fee will change to an annual invoicing process. More information along with a new application will be forwarded and available on the webpage sometime in June of this year.
- International site visit requests must contact the Verification, Review, and Consultation (VRC) program office at 312-202-5134.
Focused Review Agenda
Description of Hospital Levels
Hospital Prereview Questionnaire
Summary Form for Research Articles Submitted for Site Visit
New Alternate Pathway Criteria
A new electronic HIPAA Business Associate Agreement will be coming soon. Please contact the VRC office for further information at 312-202-5134.