Site Visit Application - Download Now!
- Must return completed site visit application 12 months in advance to preferred timeframe.
- New and previously approved surgeons/physicians who have been through the Alternate Pathway and are still on the trauma call panel will be reviewed at every reverification visit beginning with the implementation of the new 2014 guidelines. The same fee applies for the additional specialty reviewer.
- Currently accepting site visit applications to be scheduled starting in May 2016. (No longer accepting applications for visits in 2015 through April 2016) For those trauma centers expiring prior to this date, exceptions may be made provided that capacity is not overwhelmed.
- Visits scheduled prior to July 1, 2015, will be reviewed by the Resources 2006 manual (Green Book). Visits scheduled on or after July 1, 2015, will be reviewed under the Resources 2014 manual (Orange Book).
- New! The current payment structure and fee noted on page 3 of the site visit application, where each center sends in their full payment with their application for the three-year verification term, will be applicable to all new centers and those that are currently verified with an anniversary/expiration date on or prior to June 30, 2016.
- For centers that have an anniversary/expiration date between July 1, 2016, and June 30, 2017, the payment structure and fee will change to an annual invoicing process. More information along with a new application will be forwarded and available on the webpage sometime in June of this year.
- International site visit requests must contact the Verification, Review, and Consultation (VRC) program office at 312-202-5134.
- TQIP - The requirements with rationale to determine if the [non-TQIP] program meets the risk-adjusted benchmarking criteria are listed on the Resources page
- For Level III centers to satisfy the risk-adjusted benchmarking requirement, the center must participate in the TQIP pilot program
Please contact the VRC office for further information at 312-202-5134.