- Must complete the online update before teaching 9th edition courses.
- Must reverify every four years to retain a current faculty status.
- Must teach a lecture and skill station in at least four Advanced Trauma Life Support® (ATLS®) courses during each cycle.
The course in which instructors complete their teaching requirements may count as one of the four required teaching episodes for the first reverification cycle.
Educators and Coordinators
- The release of the 9th edition course marks the first time coordinators can print ATLS Instructor cards.
- Upon completion of the 9th edition update, educators and coordinators will receive an expiration date of four years from the date the update was completed.
- An ATLS Educator or Coordinator card will be sent after the update is completed.
- In order to retain the status of an ATLS Educator or Coordinator, you must teach in or coordinate at least four courses in the four-year reverification cycle.
Faculty members: Complete the 9th edition update
- Your ATLS ID number is needed to complete the update, unless you are a faculty member in one of the countries listed here.
- If you do not know your ATLS ID number, please contact your Regional Program Coordinator.