The American College of Surgeons and the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma are offering an annual scholarship to subsidize attendance and participation in the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University. The course took place May 31–June 6, 2015. The award is in the amount of $8,000, to be used toward the cost of tuition, travel, housing, and subsistence during the period of the course.
About the Scholarship
General policies covering the granting of the scholarship are:
- The award is open to surgeons who are members in good standing of both the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST). Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 60, on the date that the completed application is filed.
- The award is to be used to support
the recipient during the period of the
scholarship. Indirect costs are not paid to
the recipient or to the recipient’s institution.
- Applications for this scholarship
consist of the following items,
submitted as a single PDF file:
- One copy of the applicant’s
current curriculum vitae
- One copy of a one-page essay,
discussing why the applicant wishes
to receive the scholarship
- Application for this award may be submitted
even if comparable application to other
organizations has been made. If the
recipient accepts a similar scholarship
from another agency or organization, the
scholarship will be withdrawn. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to notify
the Scholarships Section of ACS, which
administers this award, of competing awards.
- The scholarship must be used in
the year for which it is designated.
It cannot be postponed.
- The Scholar is required to provide one year’s
health policy-related assistance to the ACS
and the AAST, attending meetings, reviewing
applications, participating as a pro tem
member of the health policy committee,
etc., as requested by either organization.
- A brief report of the Scholar’s experiences
and activities is due at the conclusion of
the course and of the scholarship period.
A simple accounting is also required.
The closing date for receipt of applications was February 2, 2015. At that time, an awardee was selected by a committee consisting of members of ACS and AAST and all applicants have been notified of the outcome of the selection process by March 31, 2015.
Questions may be directed to the ACS Scholarships Administrator at 312-202-5281. For more information, visit the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University. Requirements for the
ACS/AAST scholarship are posted on the ACS website and the AAST website.
2015 ACS/AAST Health Policy Scholarship Brochure
Please e-mail PDF applications for this scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American College of Surgeons
633 N. Saint Clair St.
Chicago, IL 60611-3211