The role of the treasurer is to manage the chapter’s financial health and ensure judicious use of the chapter’s financial resources to help support the chapter’s mission. Responsibilities may include:
- Administer the funds of the chapter.
- Oversee the collection of chapter members’ dues including reviewing dues notices, establishing a dues collection schedule and setting standards for chapter membership termination for non-payment of dues.
- Maintain accurate financial records of all expenses and revenues and retain all bank statements, canceled checks and the chapter check book.
- Maintain records of all authorizations for disbursements of funds.
- Prepare necessary financial reports as required by ACS and/or the IRS. See the Legal and Tax Consideration web page for more details on required reporting.
- Secure necessary council authorization to open and maintain checking, savings and/or certificate of deposit accounts.
- Respond to inquiries from chapter members about financial matters.