Invest in the Future Leaders of Surgery
Apply to the ACS-AEI Fellowship Program
The Fellowship Program of the Consortium of ACS Accredited Education Institutes was established to improve the quality of surgical care by developing future leaders and scholars in the area of surgical education, simulation and training. Only AEIs are eligible to apply for accreditation.
Benefits of Accrediting Your Fellowship Program
- Fellows will possess the requisite knowledge and skills to serve as local and national resources in the field of simulation-based surgical education and training
- Fellows will learn education theory in simulation and practice
- Fellows will be trained to serve as future leaders of simulation centers and to run an AEI
- Fellows will develop expertise in simulation-based surgical education and training activities
- Fellows will be trained in creating and implementing major research and development projects involving simulation-based surgical education and training, including the management of research grants
“The fellowship helped me understand the educational foundations for the development of curriculum and assessment tools and the science behind the validation of simulations. It also gave me insight into building and running a simulation program from scratch.” — Sanket Chauhan, MD, Medical Director, Academic Simulation Program at Baylor University Medical Center, former University of Minnesota SimPORTAL Fellow
Standards & Criteria
List of AEI-Accredited Fellowship Programs
To request an application, contact Cathy Wojcik at firstname.lastname@example.org.