The Advisory Council for Vascular Surgery consists of representatives from the Board of Regents and seven specialty societies—American Association for Vascular Surgery, American Venous Forum, Association of Program Directors in Vascular Surgery, Canadian Society for Vascular Surgery, Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, and Society for Vascular Surgery; two representatives from the Board of Governors; and representatives from the RRC for Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. The Advisory Council for Vascular Surgery is a committee of the Board of Regents and has been assigned the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from vascular surgery societies and the Board of Regents.
- Advise the Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formations relating to vascular surgery.
- Discuss matters the Advisory Council wishes to present to the Board of Regents or other appropriate American College of Surgeons (ACS) departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from vascular surgery to serve on College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide vascular surgery input into the development of general and specialty sessions, including postgraduate courses, for the College’s Clinical Congress.
Within the past several years, with the support of the College’s Board of Regents, the Advisory Council has begun to serve an expanded role within the College. The responsibility of serving as a conduit of communication between the College and Vascular Surgery has been targeted as crucial, particularly as the practice of surgery is facing changes and uncertainty under the managed care environment.
The Advisory Council for Vascular Surgery is interested in hearing your concerns and suggestions. You may forward your comments to the Council's staff liaison at email@example.com.
Advisory Council for Vascular Surgery Roster