The Advisory Council for Colon and Rectal Surgery consists of representatives from the Board of Regents and two specialty societies—American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and Colon and Rectal Program Directors Association; one representative from the Board of Governors; and two representatives from the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. The Advisory Council for Colon and Rectal Surgery is a committee of the Board of Regents and has been assigned the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from colon and rectal surgery societies and the Board of Regents.
- Advise the Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formations relating to colon and rectal surgery.
- Discuss matters the Advisory Council wishes to present to the Board of Regents or other appropriate American College of Surgeons (ACS) departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from colon and rectal surgery to serve on College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide colon and rectal surgery input into the development of general and specialty sessions, including postgraduate courses, for the College’s Clinical Congress.
Within the past several years, with the support of the College’s Board of Regents, the Advisory Council has begun to serve an expanded role within the College. The responsibility of serving as a conduit of communication between the College and Colon and Rectal Surgery has been targeted as crucial, particularly as the practice of surgery is facing changes and uncertainty under the managed care environment.
The Advisory Council for Colon and Rectal Surgery is interested in hearing your concerns and suggestions. You may forward your comments to the Council's staff liaison at email@example.com.
Advisory Council for Colon and Rectal Surgery Roster