To spread the College’s mission globally and guide its international engagement.
The International Relations Committee’s vision is to be the gateway to international activity and outreach for the College. This is accomplished by developing relationships and partnerships between the American College of Surgeons (ACS), international surgeons, and international surgical and other healthcare organizations to address issues of surgical practice, education, research, advocacy, and leadership with the aim of achieving and safeguarding appropriately high standards of clinical care, access, safety, professionalism and quality improvement for surgery worldwide.
- Provide guidance to the College’s international engagement
- Supervise international scholarships and traveling fellowships
- Promote international membership in the College
- Present panel sessions on topics of international interest at Clinical Congress
- Manage and maintain the College’s connection to international surgical societies and leaders
International Relations Committee Roster
Patricia L. Turner, MD, FACS, Chicago, IL
Kate Early, MA, Chicago, IL
The International Relations Committee welcomes your comments. Please write to the committee's staff liaison, Kate Early, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in joining a committee? E-mail email@example.com.