The Honors Committee is a Regental Committee responsible for administering the following American College of Surgeons (ACS) honors and awards:
- Honorary Fellowship (est. 1913)
- Martin Memorial Lecture (est. 1946)
- Distinguished Service Award (est. 1957)
- Sheen Award (est. 1968)
- Jacobson Innovation Award (est. 1994)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (est. 2010)
How to Nominate
The Honors Committee accepts nominations year-round for these honors and awards.
While the criteria for each award is different, a nomination requires:
- A letter nomination
- A current curriculum vitae, which includes a bibliography
- A biography of the nominee
- If applicable, a description of the innovation
Please send the nomination package to Staff Liaison Donna Coulombe at the contact information provided below.
Chair: Courtney M. Townsend, Jr., MD, FACS, Galveston, TX
David B. Hoyt, MD, FACS, Chicago, IL
Donna Coulombe, Chicago, IL
For more information about the Honors Committee or assistance with a nomination, please contact Donna Coulombe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-202-5204.