The mission of the Health Information Technology Committee is to assist in the definition and implementation of information technology to improve all activities of the American College of Surgeons (ACS). Furthermore, the Committee will serve as a resource to advise the College on local and national health care information technology policies and legislation.
The charge to the committee is to guide the College in:
- Methods to propagate and disseminate information for education of the Fellowship
- Evaluation and preparation of interactive technologies for all aspects of Fellowship management and education
- The preparation and maintenance of policies necessary to coordinate and insure compatibility of information technology within the College
- Participation in national committees and leadership organizations that direct the application of health care information technology and direct healthcare information technology policy
- A gradual but continuous migration of all forms of communication within the College, between the College and its Fellowship, and among the Fellowship, from conventional methods to methods utilizing the latest mainstream technology
Health Information Technology Committee Roster
The Health Information Technology Committee welcomes your comments. Please write to the committee's staff liaison, Patti Anderson, at email@example.com.
Interested in joining a committee? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.