To address issues of resident education in surgery, including the educational environment, characteristics of the resident population, graduate surgical education curricular issues and competency, and faculty development as educators.
- Comprehensively address the educational needs of surgical residents and Fellows from across the surgical disciplines
- Support educational efforts to facilitate the transition from medical school to residency training and from residency training into practice
- Play a pivotal role in designing and implementing new and innovative educational programs to address the general competencies in residency and fellowship programs
- Make available a spectrum of innovative educational programs and materials to surgery residents and Fellows
- Address the milieu of residency and fellowship education to ensure the best educational experiences for residents and Fellows and optimum educational outcomes
- Offer fellowships and courses in surgical education to residents and Fellows
- Help residency and fellowship programs fulfill the current and future accreditation requirements
- Implement educational programs to address the educational and administrative needs of residency and fellowship program directors, in collaboration with the respective program director organizations
- Coordinate educational activities with various national program director organizations to achieve common goals and optimum outcomes
- Monitor the outcomes of specific educational programs
Committee on Resident Education Roster
Ajit K. Sachdeva, MD, FACS, FRCSC
Patrice Gabler Blair, MPH
The Committee on Resident Education welcomes your comments. Please write to the Committee's staff liaison, Cherylnn Sherman, at email@example.com.
Interested in joining a committee? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org