To improve the care of surgical patients by actively identifying and tracking innovations, evaluating their surgical potential, and promoting their safe and effective adoption.
To respond to emerging surgical technologies by evaluating their appropriateness; establishing educational processes for achieving, maintaining, and verifying competence in these technologies; and fostering liaisons with societies, certifying bodies, and organizations engaged in these new technologies.
- optimize the safe and timely introduction of efficacious technologies
- rely on the best available evidence
- deploy good educational strategies
- use valid and reliable metrics
- work collaboratively with other organizations
- respond to the needs of society, patients, and Fellows
The document series entitled “Horizon Scanning in Surgery: Application to Surgical Education and Practice” was prepared for the ACS Division of Education by the Australian Safety and Efficacy Register of New Interventional Procedures—Surgical (ASERNIP-S).
Committee on Emerging Surgical Technology and Education Roster
Ajit K. Sachdeva, MD, FACS, FRCSC
Patrice Gabler Blair, MPH
The Committee on Emerging Surgical Technology and Education welcomes your comments. Please contact the Committee's staff liaison, Patrice Blair, at email@example.com.
Interested in joining a committee? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org