- Make sure your trauma center participates in the National Trauma Data Bank® (NTDB®) and plans to contribute data in every quarterly American College of Surgeons Trauma Quality Improvement Program (ACS TQIP®) call for data.
- Check with your trauma registry vendor to confirm that you have fully implemented the current version of the ACS NTDB National Trauma Data Standard (NTDS) Data Dictionary.
- Check with your trauma registry vendor to confirm that you have fully implemented the NTDS Data Dictionary. Submit a completed ACS TQIP Information Form.
- Ensure your hospital has signed the updated Business Associate and Data Use Agreement (BAA/DUA) with the American College of Surgeons.
- Execute a Pediatric Hospital Participation Agreement.
- Pay the annual Pediatric TQIP fee.
- Obtain commitment from the trauma medical director (TMD) or his or her designee to oversee ACS Pediatric TQIP implementation and administration at your hospital. The TMD or designee must agree to participate in semiannual conference calls and attend an ACS TQIP Annual Meeting and Training.
- Agree to employ a qualified, dedicated registrar or abstractor to collect and submit data to TQIP (in most cases, this is your current registrar).
- The registrar must regularly participate in ACS TQIP training activity, including monthly educational experiences and the TQIP online course.
- Participate in monthly open forum calls for registry staff.
- Provide funding (travel and accommodations) for your registrar and other trauma team members to attend ACS TQIP Annual Meeting and Training.
- Adhere to the NTDB data submission guidelines defined by the NTDS.
- Follow data submission procedures, including quarterly submission of registry data for data analysis, and agree to periodic external data validation site visits.
If your hospital is an adult TQIP center that would also like to participate in Pediatric TQIP, please complete the additional steps:
- Contact TQIP@facs.org to express your interest in Pediatric TQIP.
- Complete the Pediatric TQIP addendum to the TQIP Participation Agreement.
- Pay the additional annual fee to add Pediatric TQIP.
For additional forms and information, please contact your TQIP Staff at TQIP@facs.org