Call for Data for 2015
Official NCDB Call for Data Announcement: January 2015
Submission Specifications (Standard 5.5)
Please do not create your final submission files any earlier than December 1, 2014, to ensure that all required cases and updates are properly captured.
- Submission window opens: January 1, 2015
- Final date for initial submissions: January 31, 2015
- Corrections due: April 1, 2015 (midnight Central time)
Cases Required to Be Submitted
NCDB recommends that registries use the registry software’s automated case selection, but they should be familiar with the selection requirements that follow.
- Analytic (Class of Case 00, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22)
- Diagnosed on or after the program’s Reference Date (and not earlier than 1985)
- All cases meeting the above specifications diagnosed during 2013 PLUS
- All cases meeting the above specifications diagnosed through 2012 that were added or changed by the registry since just prior to the previous time the respective diagnosis year was selected in a Call for Data. See schedule.
- New programs that submitted only one year of data for accreditation in 2014: Please submit all analytic cases in January 2015 for any diagnosis years beginning with your Reference Date that you did not submit to NCDB in 2014.
How to Know All Required Cases Are Submitted
Sometimes registries inadvertently fail to submit all required cases, resulting in a deficiency rating for Standard 5.5. An article in the June 2013 CoC Source provides some helpful guidelines.
Data Items Required and Layout Specifications
Only NAACCR layout versions 14.0 and 15.0 are accepted for submissions during 2015.
Download a pdf with the required data items and applicable layout specifications.
Layout Version 14.0
Layout Version 15.0
“Rejected cases” are not added to the NCDB database and are effectively “not submitted.” Required cases that are rejected must be corrected and resubmitted, regardless of diagnosis date. Nonanalytic cases, cases diagnosed prior to the program’s Reference Date, and cases diagnosed prior to 1985 are not required and will be rejected; they should not be resubmitted.
Edit Requirements (Standard 5.6)
All cases diagnosed in 2003 through 2013 submitted at any time during 2015 are subject to Standard 5.6. Data quality problems affecting cases diagnosed from 2003 through 2013, inclusive, identified by NCDB must be corrected and the case resubmitted by April 1, 2015, for compliance with Standard 5.6. For eligibility for commendation, no cases diagnosed from 2003 through 2013 may have any edit errors at the time of initial submission.
The NCDB metafiles and links to download GenEDITS Plus for 2015 are available online. While NCDB supports using built-in registry software checks as a first step for pre-editing data, it is best to re-check using the free-standing GenEDITS Plus on all files after they have been extracted for submission to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Survey Implications for Standards 5.5 and 5.6
Surveys for Standards 5.5 and 5.6 evaluate submissions with deadlines that fell during the three calendar years prior to the year of the survey.
Surveys Conducted in 2013
Surveys Conducted in 2014
Surveys Conducted in 2015
Coding, Editing, and “How to” Resources
FORDS and Other Registry Manuals
EDITS Software and Metafiles, Edits Documentation
Data Submission Information