Thursday, February 22, 2024 | 7:30 am–12:00 pm
- Results from the Pilot Visits
- NAPBC Standards: Important Additions, Changes and Continuing Challenges
- Implementation Steps and Timeline: What You Need to Know
- Site Visits: Setting up for Success
- Q and A
The standards described in the accreditation manual Optimal Resources for Breast Care 2024 (NAPBC standards) place the patient in the center of the breast center programs by focusing on the patient journey. The new and revised standards set new requirements for the structure and operation of the NAPBC accredited breast centers that reinforces the vision and value of patient centered care. During the workshop, NAPBC leaders and ACS staff will provide an in-depth review the development of the standards, discuss the new requirements and implementation process designed to assist the programs with transition, and outline the changes to the accreditation process that will assess the breast center’s focus on the patient journey.
- Outline the experience of centers participating in the pilot site visit process and the important lessons learned.
- Discuss the requirements for the new NAPBC accreditation standards, Optimal Resources for Breast Care, and how they apply to their accredited center.
- Describe the implementation process for the standards and design a strategy to prepare their accredited center for a successful accreditation outcome.
- Breast Program Directors
- Breast Program Administrators
- Breast Program Leadership Committee members
- Physicians (diagnostic radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists)
- Physician Assistants
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Genetic Counselors
- Cancer Registrars