For the first time, hospitals across the country have the opportunity to report surgical outcomes to Hospital Compare, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website that provides quality information to health care consumers.
By joining the program, hospitals will gain invaluable insight into CMS’ new direction in surgical measures and will be well positioned for the future of public reporting.
Hospitals can voluntarily, publicly report one or any combination of three surgical measures—elderly surgery outcomes, colectomy outcomes, and lower-extremity bypass outcomes—through the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP®).
Benefits of Participation
- Put your hospital ahead of the curve for the future of public reporting.
- Showcase your hospital’s leadership in the pursuit of surgical quality and accountability.
- Improve your quality and financial performance. Per hospital, per year, ACS NSQIP hospitals:
- Prevent 250–500 complications
- Save an average of 12–36 lives
- Save millions of dollars in preventable complications.
For questions or to indicate interest, e-mail email@example.com or call Gina Pope at 312-202-5607.