The SRGS Rural Surgery issue discusses current research on access to surgical services in rural settings and reviews and synthesizes the literature on common clinical problems found in rural surgery practice.
On completion of a 20-question multiple-choice pretest and 20-question multiple-choice posttest, 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ will be awarded. The CME test must be completed online. Certificates of completion will also be available for download.
This single print issue covers the following topics:
- The rural surgeon workforce
- Characteristics of rural surgeons and rural practice
- Educating surgeons for rural practice
- Challenges in recruitment and retention of rural surgeons
- Selected clinical problems encountered in rural surgical practice
- Rural trauma care
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Colonoscopic polypectomy
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Laparoscopic surgery in rural hospitals
- Cutaneous surgery of the head and neck
- Testicular torsion
- Management of postoperative urinary retention
American College of Surgeons (ACS) Fellows/Associates/Residents: $99
Non-ACS Members: $149
USA first-class mailing rates are included in the prices above.
To place an order, choose one of the options below. Login information to access the CME test site will be e-mailed to you when your order is processed.
- Go to “Order for Individual” from the left-side navigation and scroll to and click on “SRGS Rural Surgery Issue” (second product from bottom of page).
- ACS members: To receive member pricing, you must login using your ACS username and password under “Login (for member pricing)” before placing your order.
- If you do not have an ACS username and password, you must create a New User profile.
- Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted over a secure server.
Complete and mail the order form along with payment to:
SRGS Rural Surgery
American College of Surgeons
633 N. Saint Clair St.
Chicago, IL 60611-3211
Complete the order form and fax to 312-202-5009. Credit card payments only.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 800-631-0033 or email@example.com