James Suliburk, MD, FACS
The Communications Workgroup aims to increase the awareness and involvement in the YFA among Young Fellows, Associate Fellows, and Initiates by improving communication of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) with these groups of ACS members.
- Prepare and distribute a quarterly electronic newsletter
- Increase awareness of the Initiates program at Clinical Congress
- Increase awareness of YFA at Clinical Congress
- Develop and implement a mode of communication between individual YFA members and Initiates in order to share specific concerns with the appropriate YFA workgroup or workgroup member
- Improve communications with ACS chapters and encourage them to have at least one young surgeon representative in a leadership position
- Increase awareness of YFA among the Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons (RAS-ASC) members