John Hardaway, MD, PhD
Edward Shipper III, MD
The Communications Committee is one of the four committees that serve the Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons (RAS-ACS). Our committee continually seeks opportunities to enhance communication among residents, Fellows, and leaders of the ACS via social media, e-newsletters, and the ACS website.
- Publish a RAS-ACS e-newsletter six times per year
- Oversee publication of the annual RAS-ACS-themed August issue of the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons
- Maintain the RAS-ACS Facebook page and Twitter feed with conference call reminders and other news updates
- Oversee contributions to the ACS Communities
- Oversee the annual RAS-ACS essay contest
- Annual essay competition
- August Bulletin issue
- Podcast creation
- JACS social media journal club collaboration
- RAS promotional video
Contact us at RASNews@facs.org for more information or to join this committee.