Value of ACS Membership
The top priority of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) is to provide value to you—our members. Membership in the ACS affords you a wide range of benefits:
- Advocacy work for you and your patients at both the federal and state levels
- A major visibility program to enhance your public image, underscoring why surgeons are an essential and integral part of this country’s health care delivery system
- Robust research data and programs focused on outcomes and other quality issues
- Monthly periodicals and freestanding publications
- Scholarships and Fellowships
- Educational programs that provide lifelong learning and help you stay up to date and ahead of the curve while meeting your continuing medical education requirements
- Active committees for all members including young surgeons, surgical residents, and medical students
- Insurance products, and many other benefits
- And more...
ACS membership benefits are extended to surgeon members representing all specialties, those pursuing a surgical career, and those involved with the surgical team. Please select a membership category or surgical specialty to learn more about the distinct member benefits and how to apply to become a member.
What Is Your Surgical Specialty?