Thank you for your interest in the 2022 American College of Surgeons (ACS) Clinical Congress. Media credentials to cover the conference will be granted to individuals who meet the appropriate criteria set forth by the ACS Office of Public Information. This year attendees have two registration options: attend onsite at the Clinical Congress in San Diego, Calif. or attend remotely and view all available sessions online via the designated ACS web property.
- Only representatives of the following media will be registered using their preferred attendance option:
- General circulation news periodicals
- Medical or health care periodicals
- Broadcast media or online news services
- Media representatives must represent the editorial staff. Their media outlets must present editorial content that focuses on the clinical, quality improvement, or socioeconomic issues in healthcare. Applicants must provide credentials that list their editorial title or a bylined article on the linked registration form. ACS considers publishers to be part of the editorial staff.
- ACS does not grant press credentials to the following individuals: a media outlet’s advertising, marketing, public relations or sales representatives; editors or reporters of manufacturers’ house organs or promotional/marketing materials; public relations staff of exhibitors; trade industry writers or editors; writers or researchers creating analyses or reports sold as a commodity to customers; and educational program developers (including Continuing Medical Education writers and editors and those writing for its international equivalent). These individuals should seek out an alternate registration category called Commercial Press to determine if that category is an option for them.
- Freelancers must produce a letter of assignment from an approved medium such as those listed at the beginning of this document. Freelancers who wish to attend the meeting without a specific editorial assignment must present credentials indicating membership in a recognized professional communications association or submit published samples of their work along with appropriate identification. Freelancers who wish further interpretation of this policy are encouraged to contact the ACS Senior Manager of Public Information prior to the conference.
- Media credentials to cover the conference will be granted to up to five individuals from any one publication, publication group, or electronic media outlet.
- Media members who have been found to mispresent themselves (incorrect name, editorial title, or media outlet) will forfeit rights to press credentials to cover this conference and any other future ACS meeting.
- Before posing questions to presenters during Q&A sessions in-person, or via online chats during the virtual conference, media members must:
- First identify themselves as journalists
- Provide their media affiliation
Please be advised that COVID-19 and Safety and Health protocols will be in place throughout the Clinical Congress. ACS is partnering with Clear Health Pass for COVID-19 status verification.