The National Ultrasound Faculty of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) has developed Ultrasound for Surgeons: The Basic Course, 3rd Edition online course for physicians and medical professionals in ultrasound imaging. This online, on-demand course provides the learner with basic education and training in ultrasound imaging
as a foundation for specific clinical applications.
The 3rd edition:
- Is online, on-demand, and mobile friendly
- Features an updated design with state-of-the-art animations and updated content
- Identifies techniques and differentiates challenges associated with surgeon performed ultrasound
- Illustrates the possibilities and limitations of ultrasound in clinical applications
- Develops enabling strategies to improve surgeon ultrasound skills
- Fulfills the prerequisite needed for ACS Ultrasound Skills Courses
- Offers the opportunity to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and claim Self-Assessment credit
Clinical Examples Supplemental Videos
Please click and review the following supplemental videos as additional reference to the Ultrasound for Surgeons: The Basic Course, 3rd Edition online course. You may click to view each video below.
Clinical Example: Abdomen
Clinical Example: Breast
Clinical Example: Critical Care
Clinical Example: Foreign Object
Clinical Example: Fractures
Clinical Example: Vascular
Resident Members: $130
Affiliate MD/DO Members: $275
Medical Students Member: $65
To purchase the Ultrasound for Surgeons: the Basic Course, 3rd edition, online course, please visit the ACS E-Store.
Please login for member pricing and then visit the ACS E-Store. You can also log in once you enter the ACS E-Store.
If you have previously setup an account with ACS, you may login now or during Checkout.
If you have any questions, be sure to check out our frequently asked questions for answers to common questions about E-Learning. For additional questions, please contact our E-Learning or Support Team.
For questions regarding our E-Learning programs and products, please contact the E-Learning Team at 312-202-5400 (9:00 am–5:00 pm CST, Monday–Friday) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any technical assistance to access these programs and products, please contact Support Team at 289-695-5400 (9:00 am–5:00 pm EST, Monday–Friday) or at MultiviewMediaSupport@multiview.com.