This program is not open to medical education commercial companies.
Since 2001 the American College of Surgeons (ACS) has provided Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit for the educational activities of over 600 not-for-profit, non-accredited surgical and medical organizations.
- Approximately 120,000 surgeons have received CME through the program.
- Our joint sponsorship partners include specialty, regional, and national organizations.
- The application fee is $375.
- Final fee: $250 per credit (10 credits assigned = $2500)
- ACS provides all forms and templates.
- Unlike other providers, there is no additional per attendee charge.
The American College of Surgeons, as the accredited provider, must ensure that the jointly sponsored activity is in compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Accreditation Criteria and AMA regulations. ACS forms must be used. ACS must be involved in all stages of the activity.
Adherence to ACS CME procedures is mandatory. The CME checklist outlines what is required of our partner organizations pre-, during, and post-activity to ensure compliance with ACCME, AMA, and ACS regulations.
A preliminary application must be submitted to ACS prior to the start of the planning of the activity. Organizations applying for the first time must include a copy of a previous CME program with their pre-application.