The Advisory Council for Urology consists of representatives from the Board of Regents and three specialty societies—American Association of Clinical Urologists, American Association of Genito-Urinary Surgeons, and American Urological Association; three representatives from the Board of Governors; and one representative from the American Board of Urology. The Advisory Council for Urology is a committee of the Board of Regents and has been assigned the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from urology societies and the Board of Regents.
- Advise the Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formations relating to urology.
- Discuss matters the Advisory Council wishes to present to the Board of Regents or other appropriate American College of Surgeons (ACS) departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from urology to College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide urology input into the development of general and specialty sessions, including postgraduate courses, for the College’s Clinical Congress.
Within the past several years, with the support of the College’s Board of Regents, the Advisory Council has begun to serve an expanded role within the College. The responsibility of serving as a conduit of communication between the College and Urology has been targeted as crucial, particularly as the practice of surgery is facing changes and uncertainty under the managed care environment.
The Advisory Council for Urology is interested in hearing your concerns and suggestions. You may forward your comments to the Council's staff liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advisory Council for Urology Roster