The Advisory Council for Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery consists of representatives from the Board of Regents and eight specialty societies—American Association of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Education Foundation, and Plastic Surgery Research Council; two representatives from the Board of Governors; and one representative from the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The Advisory Council for Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery is a committee of the Board of Regents and has been assigned the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from plastic and maxillofacial surgery societies and the Board of Regents.
- Advise the Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formations relating to plastic and maxillofacial surgery.
- Discuss matters the Advisory Council wishes to present to the Board of Regents or other appropriate American College of Surgeons (ACS) departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from plastic and maxillofacial surgery to serve on College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide plastic and maxillofacial surgery input into the development of general and specialty sessions, including postgraduate courses, for the College’s Clinical Congress.
Within the past several years, with the support of the College’s Board of Regents, the Advisory Council has begun to serve an expanded role within the College. The responsibility of serving as a conduit of communication between the College and Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery has been targeted as crucial, particularly as the practice of surgery is facing changes and uncertainty under the managed care environment.
The Advisory Council for Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery is interested in hearing your concerns and suggestions. You may forward your comments to the Council's staff liaison at email@example.com.
Advisory Council for Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery Roster