The Advisory Council for Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery consists of representatives from the Board of Regents and three specialty societies—American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery, and American Head and Neck Society; and seven representatives from the Board of Governors and one representative from the American Board of Otolaryngology. The Advisory Council for Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery is a committee of the Board of Regents and has been assigned the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from otolaryngology societies and the Board of Regents.
- Advise the Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formations relating to otolaryngology.
- Discuss matters the Advisory Council wishes to present to the Board of Regents or other appropriate American College of Surgeons (ACS) departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from otolaryngology to serve on College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide otolaryngology input into the development of general and specialty sessions, including postgraduate courses, for the College’s Clinical Congress.
Within the past several years, with the support of the College’s Board of Regents, the Advisory Council has begun to serve an expanded role within the College. The responsibility of serving as a conduit of communication between the College and Otolaryngology has been targeted as crucial, particularly as the practice of surgery is facing changes and uncertainty under the managed care environment.
The Advisory Council for Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery is interested in hearing your concerns and suggestions. You may forward your comments to the Council's staff liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advisory Council for Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery Roster