The Advisory Council for Gynecology and Obstetrics consists of representatives from the Board of Regents and three specialty societies—American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, American Society for Reproductive Medicine, and Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, four representatives from the Board of Governors, and one representative from the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The Advisory Council for Gynecology and Obstetrics is a committee of the Board of Regents and has been assigned the following functions:
- Serve as a liaison in the communication of information to and from gynecology and obstetrics surgery societies and the Board of Regents.
- Advise the Board of Regents on policy matters and policy formations relating to gynecology and obstetrics.
- Discuss matters the Advisory Council wishes to present to the Board of Regents or other appropriate American College of Surgeons (ACS) departments or committees.
- Nominate Fellows from gynecology and obstetrics to serve on College committees and other committees and organizations.
- Provide gynecology and obstetrics input into the development of general as well as the specialty sessions, including postgraduate courses, for the College’s Clinical Congress.
Within the past several years, with the support of the College’s Board of Regents, the Advisory Council has begun to serve an expanded role within the College. The responsibility of serving as a conduit of communication between the College and Gynecology and Obstetrics has been targeted as crucial, particularly as the practice of surgery is facing changes and uncertainty under the managed care environment.
The Advisory Council for Gynecology and Obstetrics is interested in hearing your concerns and suggestions. You may forward your comments to the Council's staff liaison at email@example.com.
Advisory Council for Gynecology and Obstetrics Roster