- Comprehensively address the educational needs of practicing surgeons in both academic and community-based settings and across the surgical disciplines
- Support educational efforts to facilitate the transition from residency or fellowship training into practice
- Play a pivotal role in designing and implementing new and innovative educational programs to address the general competencies at the different stages of the careers of surgeons, from the junior to the senior levels
- Support the efforts of surgeons to fulfill requirements for the maintenance of certification
- Pursue innovative educational methods and make available to surgeons a spectrum of continuing education opportunities close to their practice locations, through the implementation of a comprehensive distance education and e-learning program and regionalization of experiential programs.
- Offer mentoring and preceptoring opportunities for surgeons in both academic and community-based settings
- Support programs and courses in surgical education and to offer fellowships in surgical education
- Support activities that address faculty development and advancement for surgeons
- Monitor the outcomes of specific educational programs
Committee on Continuous Professional Development Roster
Ajit K. Sachdeva, MD, FACS, FRCSC
Patrice Gabler Blair, MPH
The Committee on Continuous Professional Development welcomes your comments. Please write to the Committee's staff liaison, Patrice Gabler Blair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in joining a committee? E-mail email@example.com